Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 13 Question 1

1). Provide an example of creativity from your own experience. How does it fit with the chapter's discussion of creativity?

Some people are considered to be creative more than others. In my opinion, creativity could be interpreted in many ways. One could interpret creativity as being a solution for an immediate problem or need; on the other hand, one could say creativity is bringing something from non-existence. From my experience, creativity is to “think outside the box.” For example, if we expose two people to work on a problem, one could just be thinking in box, meaning normal or the usual way of doing things; conversely one could look at the same exact problem and think outside the box, which is to come up with the best way of doing it. This very much relates to the text discussion. While, the text talks about creativity being the result of looking at things in a new way, it also underlines that creative thinking to be available for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Nathan,

    I enjoyed reading your post. It was interesting to me that you approached the question in the way that you did. When I looked at the question I wanted to find a specific area in the book that related to something in my life that was creative. Where as you explain what it is and what it meant to you and then provided a great example. I like that way that you chose to answer the question, very interesting. And I agree that your explanation goes very well with the creative ideas in a new way that the book describes. Great job on this post I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words:)

    ReplyDelete